Skip to main content

Peanut Butter Cup Banana Bread



Do you like banana bread? If so, you need to try this amazing twist on regular banana bread! It is so good! Peanut butter and bananas have always been a yummy combination, but this really elevates that flavor combo to a whole new level! I think this would also be delcious as muffins if you would rather bake it that way. You could always double the glaze ingredients if you needed more to frost the muffins with. Regardless of how you want to make it, just make it. You won't regret it!

Peanut Butter Cup Banana Bread
Adapted from Inside Bru Crew Life’s recipe.

Ingredients:
1/3 cup of peanut butter, creamy
1/3 cup of butter softened (unsalted)
1 cup of sugar
2 large eggs
1/3 cup of plain yogurt
2 large ripe bananas, mashed
1 tsp of vanilla extract
1 ½ cup of all-purpose flour
1 tsp of ground cinnamon
1 tsp of baking soda
¼ tsp of salt
10-20 Reese’s miniatures, quartered (see notes)

Peanut Butter Glaze
Ingredients:
¼ cup peanut butter, creamy
½ cup of powdered sugar
2-3 tbsp of milk

Preheat your oven to 325 degrees and grease your nonstick loaf pan. I used unsalted butter for mine and my bread came right out of the pan.

In a large bowl, cream the peanut butter, softened butter and sugar together. Then mix in the eggs, bananas, plain yogurt and vanilla.

In a medium sized bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Gradually mix this dry mixture in to your wet ingredients. I used a hand mixer here. Once all of that is mixed well, stir in your peanut butter cups. Do not use your mixer for this part if you were using one before. You want the peanut butter cups to stay intact.

Pour mixture into your greased loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes. Make sure to insert a knife or toothpick to check doneness at 1 hour. It should come out clean.

Remove pan from the oven when done, and let cool for a few minutes while you make the glaze ingredients.

In a small bowl, combine the peanut butter, powdered sugar and milk until smooth and creamy. Start with 2 tbsp of milk and add more if the glaze is too thick.

Flip the bread out onto a wire cooling rack to and then turn it over so that the top is facing upward. While it is still warm (but not hot), spread the peanut butter glaze on the top of the bread. Let cool completely before slicing (if you can haha).

Enjoy!



A few notes:
Next time, I am going to leave the salt out completely since I try to watch my sodium. I feel with the salt from the peanut butter and the sodium in the baking soda that it wouldn’t affect the flavor at all. I will update with my results when I do that.

You can switch around what type of peanut butter cups you use. You could use dark chocolate or the white chocolate ones. You could use the minis or the regular size and cut them up. This is very flexible based on what you like. The original recipe used the minis, but I’m not a fan of those, so I used the miniatures. Feel free to use more or less peanut butter cups based on what you prefer. I like a lot, but my daughter doesn’t, so we didn’t add as many. Next time, I think I will add more. I believe we used 9 miniatures this time.

I hope you make this soon and please let me know if you like it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Duggar Family Tater Tot Casserole

Nov. 2020 update: Hi all! I am updating this recipe as it has changed for us over the years. Also, I am featuring it over on my new YouTube Channel Faith, Food and Family ! Make sure to check that What's for Dinner video out. Updated recipe: Tater Tot Casserole Ingredients: 1 pound of ground beef, cooked 1 32 oz bag of tater tots 1 cup of milk 2 cans of cream of chicken soup (you can use a mix or chicken and mushroom, chicken and celery, or whatever combo you like) 1 cup of shredded cheese of your choice (I usually use cheddar or triple cheddar) Preheat your overn to 350 degrees. In a bowl, combine the 2 cans of cream of chicken soups and the milk. In a 9x13 pan, spread cooked hamburger meat evenly on the bottom. Pour tater tots on top and distribute evenly. Pour soup/milk mixture on top and bake for about an hour. When it is hot and bubbly, remove from oven and add shredded cheese. you can use more that a cup if you like. Place back in the oven for about 5 mi

Salt-Free Ranch Dressing Mix

I don't know about you but I really enjoy ranch dressing. The stuff in the bottle is okay, but if you look at the ingredients it contains some not so good stuff like MSG and added sugar. It also has a lot of added sodium. I'm trying to watch my sodium so I decided to make a salt-free ranch mix, then I can control the salt whenever I make the dressing or add it to a recipe. It's super easy to make your own ranch mix. If you make a batch of this up, you can have it already on hand to make ranch dressing or add it into other recipes. Let's get started! Salt-free Ranch Dressing Mix Ingredients: 4 Tbsp of dried parsley 4 tsp of dried dill 4 tsp of onion powder 4 tsp of minced dried onion 2 tsp of garlic powder 1 tsp of ground black pepper Combine the spices in a bowl and from here you can process them for a bit in a mini food processor to mix well and make some of the parsley smaller or you can use a coffee grinder as a spice grinder. Then place in a contai

A Civil War Recipe..... Oatmeal Pie

Princess came home with an assignment to to a Civil War project. There were several options but she and I always gravitate to the ones that involve cooking. So we chose to make a recipe from the Civil War time to share with her class. Can I just say how grateful I am for the internet when it comes to these school projects? We looked online and found many different recipes. I wanted one that used ingredients I already had on hand and hopefully one that would be a bit tasty. I finally found a forum where people were sharing Civil War recipes and someone had shared one for Oatmeal Pie from Charleston, South Carolina. Apparently, during the Civil War, pecans were in short supply. So oatmeal was subbed for pecans to make a sort of mock pecan pie. This recipe is very tasty and really easy. It does remind me of a pecan pie, but at the same time a little reminiscent of an apple crisp because of the oatmeal and the cinnamon. Very delicious! I'm hoping her class really enjoys it. She said th