Thursday, March 5, 2009

Bargain Meal of the Week- Food Lion

Bargain Meal of the Week

Click on the image to go find your Bargain Meal of the Week!


Welcome to the fourth installment of the Bargain Meal of the Week. I am enjoying this and hope you all are too. Check out even more great recipes and bargains at 5Dollar Dinners!

Food Lion had some great things on sale. Especially the 3 day sale. I definitely would encourage you to check your local ad.

10 pound bag of chicken leg quarters .79 a pound ($7.90) This will make at least 2 meals if not more.

Meal #1

Huli Huli Chicken
Dottie (hokiesmom) from Cooking for your family on babycenter.com

5 lbs chicken pieces
1/3 cup ketchup
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup brown sugar
3 tablespoons sherry
1 piece ginger root, crushed
1 clove garlic, crushed

Arrange chicken, skin side up, on rack of broiler pan. Broil 6 to 8 inches from unit in electric oven for 10 minutes on each side. Combine remaining ingredients; baste chicken and continue broiling for 10 more minutes on each side, basting frequently with sauce. Makes 8 to 10 servings.

Serve with rice and roasted veggies. (squash and zuchinni are on sale for $1.29/lb so get 1.5 pounds- $2.09)

half a bag of chicken $3.95
rice- .50
veggies- $2.09

Entire meal for $6.54



Meal #2
Roast the rest of the bag of leg quarters in the oven and debone them when cooked. ($3.95)

Use the meat to make Chicken Divan. This recipe looks so good! I can't wait to make it but I have a bit of a stomach bug right now so no food for me for a bit. :(

Serve with your choice of side. I think I would probably go with some mashed potatoes and corn. But that's just me. :) I love mashed potaoes and corn with everything. LOL

Come back next week to see what meals I find for Food Lion!
God bless,
Amanda

No comments: