Monday, February 2, 2009

Southwestern Salad

This is one of my most well known recipes that I make. Everyone loves it and always asks for the recipe. It's as close as I have gotten at home to Chili's Quesadilla Explosion salad (which is my favorite!) Plus with all of these veggies it's so good for you. I usually use light ranch and it's just wonderful! Hope you enjoy! Check out more wonderful recipes at http://www.5dollardinners.com It's an awesome site! I check it daily.

Southwestern Salad

1 16oz container of Ranch Dressing
1 avocado
fajita seasoning
1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
1 large green bell pepper, diced
4 roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
½ onion diced
1 head of lettuce
1 bunch of cilantro
1 1/2 cups shredded colby and montery jack cheese or cheddar

1. In a small bowl, combine ranch dressing, fajita seasoning about 1-2 tsp taste and see, bit of cilantro and avocado; mix well and Set aside

2. Drain and rinse beans. Dice bell pepper, tomatoes and onion. Chop cilantro. Layer beans, bell pepper, lettuce, tomatoes, cilantro and onions in a large bowl 3. Sprinkle cheese on top and serve with dressing on the side. You can also add a can of corn drained if you like.

2 comments:

$5 Dinner Mom said...

Super recipe Amanda! Love it!

Erin

Taya @ Delightful! said...

That recipe sounds delicious!

I'm just letting you know that you won my giveaway for the purse! I'll be writing you an email right away to get all your info.